(Read below how you can put your name in the raffle for a free copy of this book).
I’ll be honest. A book with the word “miracle” in the title can put me off. Although I believe in God’s abilities for miracles, I don’t believe in telling God what He is required to do.
I’m glad to say that Linda Evans Shepherd new book, When You Need A Miracle: How to Ask God for the Impossible, (Revell) is reasonable and biblical. She writes, “Miracles are not about praying the perfect prayer; miracles are about what happens when we welcome God’s presence and power into our situations and our lives.”
She also says, “So if you’re facing a dilemma or a circumstance that needs a miracle, I have good news for you. If you allow him, God will use your pain as a key to open the door to himself. And it’s in his presence that miracles happen.”
Linda shares many personal stories and other people’s stories about how God opened the doors to himself through dilemmas and circumstances. Yet, Linda cautions us, “God does not give us a magic wand so we can grant ourselves whatever we desire. If he did, we’d probably worship what we wanted God to do for us instead of worshiping God himself.”
Each chapter highlights “factors” of seeing God’s plan for miracles:
1. The Trust Factor: We can trust God for whatever his plan is, even when it’s not what we wanted or expected.
2. The Love Factor: God is interested in every part of our lives and longs for relationship with us.
3. The Truth Factor: Scripture illuminates truth in a way that we can see God’s hand in every situation we are facing.
4. The Forgiveness Factor: Bitterness can be an obstacle to God answering our prayers. Linda shares how to forgive and fight against Satan’s attacks.
5. The Praise Factor: Praising God welcomes God’s presence and power into our difficulties.
6. The Sold Out Factor: Linda shares four ways to live sold out for God.
7. The Intercession Factor: We can pray for God’s will for others and see him work.
In all of Linda’s book, there are biblical principles, inspiring stories, Scripture to meditate on, and prayers to pray.
Linda gives this formula for miracles:
An all-powerful God + a grateful, believing heart + God’s will = a miracle.
Linda is an award-winning author, a successful speaker, and a radio personality. The president of Right to the Heart Ministries, she is the author of When You Don’t Know What to Pray and When You Can’t Find God.
I’m so glad that I can make a copy of Linda’s book available to the winner of a raffle. Please leave me a comment on my blog letting me know you want your name in the “hat” or email me: kathyspeak @ dc.rr.com (omit spaces). I’ll draw the winner’s name next Friday, September 7th.
You can also order your own copy from cbd.com, amazon.com and www.NeedMiracleBook.com.