Have you ever participated in an author scavenger hunt?
Would you like to receive 26 books from 26 authors, both fiction and non-fiction? That’s the Grand Prize of the Hunt.
I’m so excited! For a second time I’m going to be participating as an author in a virtual/online scavenger hunt and I had so much fun in the first one. So I’m excited that this Sunday, July 17th, I’ll be a part of another one sponsored by CAN (Christian Authors Network).
All you have to do is check back here on my blog from July 17th to the 23rd. Or start at the beginning:
Some wonderful authors are participating and each one will be sending a copy of one of their books, both novels and non-fiction. Here are some of the authors:
Pam Farrel, Sarah Sundin, Peggy Sue Wells, Janet Bly, Susan G. Mathis, Cheri Cowell, Anne Green, Dianne Barker and many more.
Here’s how it’s going to work:
- Starting on July 17, twenty-six CAN members will host one another on their individual blogs. Each post will contain a short key phrase. The phrases will be clearly marked in the blogs, but you’ll need to read the posts to find the phrases.
- You’ll start on the CAN contest page, http://christianauthorsnetwork.com/newreleases/. Beginning at 12:01 a.m. EST on July 17, you can click the link on that page for details, including the list of authors and their blog sites. (The first phrase for the scavenger hunt is on that contest page: It’s: “CAN is.”)
- Hop from the first blog post to the next and continue through to the last one, looking for those key phrases. String the phrases together in the order in which the blogs are listed on the contest page.
- Once you have the complete sentence, send it to Darlene Franklin, the Scavenger Hunt coordinator, using the form at http://christianauthorsnetwork.com/newreleases/. This will enter you into a contest where you could win the grand prize of 26 free books, one from each participating CAN author!
- Some of the participating CAN authors will be featuring additional prizes or giveaways on their individual blogs. HINT: on my blog, I’ll be sending out 3 of my books to the drawing winner!
Here’s what you’ll get out of this scavenger hunt:
- You’ll meet 26 Christian Authors Network members on their personal blogs.
- You’ll get fresh insights into all these authors and learn more about their writing.
- You could win the grand prize of 26 free books!
- Even if you don’t win the grand prize, you could win one of the authors’ individual giveaways.
The scavenger hunt will run from July 17–23. Entries must be received by 11:59 PST on July 23.
The grand-prize winner will be announced on July 25. (Due to international regulations and postage fees, prizes will be awarded to US residents only. Individual contests within the hunt may vary, so please read the rules presented with each giveaway.)
I hope you’ll get in on this fun, exciting scavenger hunt!
If you’ve done something like this before, please feel free to share about that experience on my blog. Or if you have any questions, let me know.
(image found at www.freedigitalphotos.net by yogiyim)